- H. Wang, L. Yuan, C. W. Kim, J. Huang, X. Lan, and H. Xiao, “Integrated microsphere whispering gallery mode probe for highly sensitive refractive index measurement”, Optical Engineering 55(6) (2016) 067105.
- H. Wang, L. Yuan, C. W. Kim, X. Lan, J. Huang, Y. Ma, and H. Xiao, “Integrated chemical vapor sensor based on thin wall capillary coupled porous glass microsphere optical resonator”, Sensors and Actuators B 216 (2015) 332-336.
- J. H. Hsu, C. W. Kim, R. K. Brow, J. Szabo, R. Crouch, and R. Baird, “An alkali-free barium borosilicate viscous sealing glass for solid oxide fuel cells”, Journal of Power Sources 270 (2014) 14-20.
- J. H. Hsu, C. W. Kim, and R. K. Brow, “Interfacial interactions between an alkali-free borosilicate viscous sealing glass and aluminized ferritic stainless steel”, Journal of Power Sources 250 (2014) 236-241.
- J. H. Hsu, J. W. Newkirk, C. W. Kim, C. S. Ray, R. K. Brow, M. E. Schlesinger, and D. E. Day, “The performance of Inconel 693 electrodes for processing an iron phosphate glass melt containing 26 wt-% of a simulated low activity waste”, Journal of Nuclear Materials 444 (2014) 323-330.
- National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy, "High Temperature Viscous Sealing Glasses for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells".
- C. W. Kim, J. H. Hsu, C. Townsend, J. Szabo, R. Crouch, R. Baird, and R. K. Brow, “Viscous sealing glass development for solid oxide fuel cells”, Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings 34 (2013).
- H. Wang, L. Yuan, J. Huang, X. Lan, C. W. Kim, L. Jiang, and H. Xiao, “Computational modeling and experimental study on optical microresonators using optimal spherical structure for chemical sensing”, Advanced Chemical Engineering Research 2/3 (2013) 45-50.
- J. H. Hsu, J. W. Newkirk, C. W. Kim, C. S. Ray, R. K. Brow, M. E. Schlesinger, and D. E. Day, “Corrosion of Inconel 690 and Inconel 693 in an iron phosphate glass melt”, Corrosion Science 75 (2013) 148-157.
- H. Wang, X. Lan, J. Huang, L. Yuan, C. W. Kim, and H. Xiao, “Fiber pigtailed thin wall capillary coupler for excitation of microsphere WGM resonators”, Optics Express 21/13 (2013) 15834-15839.
- S. B. Jung, D. E. Day, R. F. Brown, L. F. Bonewald, "Potential Toxicity of Bioactive Borate Glasses In-vitro and In-vivo,” ICACC 2012 conference proceedings.
- M. Velez, T. Day, Y. He, S. Jung, and D.E. Day. Mo-Sci Corporation. International Conference and Exhibition on Nanotechnology & Nanomedicine. "Nano glass fibers and nano powders for medical applications."
- S. Jung, Bio-Glasses: An Introduction, Chapter 6 - Introduction to Bioactive Borate Glasses, John Wiley and Sons Inc, 2012. ISBN: 978-0-470-71161-3.
- M. Velez, S. Jung, K.C.R. Kolan, M.C. Leu, D.E. Day, T-M. G. Chu, In Vivo Evaluation of 13-93 Bioactive Glass Scaffolds Made by Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Biomaterials Science: Processing, Properties and Applications II: Ceramic Transactions, Volume 237, R. Narayan, S. Bose, and A. Bandyopadhyay (Editors), ISBN: 978-1-1182-7332-6, August 2012.
- K.C.R. Kolan, M.C. Leu, G.E. Hilmas, M. Velez, Effect of Material, Process Parameters, and Simulated Body Fluid on Mechanical Properties of 13-93 Bioactive Glass Porous Constructs Made by Selective Laser Sintering, approved for publication in Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 2012.
- M. Velez, W.R. Braisted, G.J. Frank, P.L. Phillips, D.E. Day, M.D. McLaughlin, Impact Strength of Transparent Composites, Journal of Composite Materials, 46 1677-1695 (2012), doi: 10.1177/0021998311422601
- V.C. Modglin, R.F. Brown, Q. Fu, M.N. Rahaman, S.B. Jung, D.E. Day, “In Vitro Performance of 13-93 Bioactive Glass Fiber and Trabecular Scaffolds with MLO-A5 Osteogenic Cells,” J Biomed Mater Res A, online.
- L. Bi, S.B. Jung, D. E. Day, K. Neidig, V. Dusevich, D. J. Eick, L. Bonewald, “Evaluation of Bone regeneration, Angigenesis, and Hydroxyapatite Conversion in Critical-Sized Rat Calvarial Defects Implanted with bioactive Glass Scaffolds,”J. Biomed Mater Res A, online.
- S. Jung, An Introduction to Bioceramics, 2nd Edition, Chapter 33 – Treatment of Chronic Wounds with Bioactive Borate Glass Fibers, CRC Press, under review.
- H. Wang, L. Yuan, C. W. Kim, Q. Han, T. Wei, X. Lan, and H. Xiao, “Optical microresonator based on hollow sphere with porous wall for chemical sensing”, Optics Letters 37/1 (2012) 94-96.
- Science Daily. "Revolution in Wound Care? Cotton Candy-Like Glass Fibers Appear to Speed Healing in Initial Venous Stasis Wound Trial."
- Steven Jung, Ph.D. Mo-Sci Corporation. "Bioengineering Soft Tissue with Ceramics."
- S. B. Jung, “The Wound Healing Power of Glass,” Nanotech Insights, 2, (2011) 2-4.
- K.C.R. Kolan, M.C. Leu; G.E. Hilmas; R.F. Brown, M. Velez, Fabrication of 13-93 Bioactive Glass Scaffolds for Bone Tissue Engineering Using Indirect Selective Laser Sintering, Biofabrication, 3, 025004 2011.
- M. Velez, Y. He, D.E. Day, T.P. Schuman, K.V. Kilway, J.R. Melander, R.A. Weiler, B.D. Miller, E.L. Nalvarte, J.D. Eick, Processing of Yttrium Aluminosilicate Glasses for Dental Composites, Cerâmica (Brazil), 57, 1-9 (2011).
- M. Velez, E. Calderas, W. Hong, D.E. Day, Ballistic Resistance of Optically Transparent Glass Ribbon Composites, presented at SAMPE TECH 2011, Fort Worth, Texas, Oct. 2011.
- M. Velez, K.C.R. Kolan, M.C. Leu, G.E. Hilmas, R.F. Brown, Selective Laser Sintering Fabrication of 13-93 Bioactive Glass Bone Scaffolds, Biomaterials Science – Processing, Properties and Applications, Vol. 228, pp. 185-193, editors R. Narayan, A. Badyopadhyay, and S. Bose, Ceramic Transactions, The American Ceramic Society and John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
- J.R. Melander, R.A. Weiler, B.D. Miller, T.P. Schuman, K.V. Kilway, D.E. Day, M. Velez, J.D. Eick, Estimation of Properties of a Photoinitiated Silorane-based Composite with Potential for Orthopaedic Applications, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B, Applied Biomaterials, 2012 Jan;100(1):163-9. doi: 10.1002/jbm.b.31934. Epub 2011 Nov 18.
- A. Santic, C. W. Kim, D. E. Day, and A. Mogus-Milankovic, “Electrical properties of Cr2O3-Fe2O3-P2O5 glasses, Part II”, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 356 (2010) 2699-2703.
- Malvern Instruments. "Malvern's Morphologi G3 Helps Mo-Sci Corporation Produce Precision Glass."
- Peter Wray, Ceramic Tech Today. "Mo-Sci licenses SRNL’s porous, drug delivering microballoons."
- M. Velez, Cement and Concrete, pp. 135-150, in Traditional Ceramics and Raw Materials, Springer, 2008.
- G.G. Wicks, L.K. Heung and R.F. Schumacher, "Microspheres and Microworlds SRNL's porous, hollow glass balls open new opportunities for hydrogen storage, drug delivery and national defense" (starts on pg. 23).
- K. Chandrashekhara, T. Schuman, S. Sundararaman, D.E. Day, M. Velez, N. Phan, Manufacturing and Performance Evaluation of Glass-Ribbon Reinforced Transparent Composites, SAMPE Conference, Long Beach, CA, May 18-22, 2008.
- M. Velez, S. T. Reis, R. K. Brow, GLASS: book chapter in Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2004.
- Office of Industrial Technologies, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Dept. of Energy. "Breakthrough in Glass-Fiber Research Yields New High-Strength Fibers that Require Less Energy to Produce."