Effective as of February 19, 2024
Thank you for choosing MO SCI.
The European Union (EU) law called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. MO SCI acknowledges that individuals have the right to access the personal information we maintain about them. An EU, United Kingdom, and/or Swiss individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct their query to firstname.lastname@example.org and the information will be removed within a reasonable timeframe.
This Policy sets out the essential details relating to your personal data relationship with MO SCI. and applies to MO SCI products and associated services. The terms governing your purchase from MO SCI are defined in our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
The aim of this Policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons we collect and use it, and who we share it with.
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us give you a positive experience when working with MO SCI; and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how your privacy is protected.
We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitment to you.
MO SCI gathers a variety of demographic information which is not unique to you that assists our company in marketing and developing our products. We also use this information in creating better websites for our users. We do not sell, distribute, or use the information we gather for other purposes. You, as a user, remain anonymous.
The information gathered includes
- Personal data provided by you or collected by us to enable you to purchase MO SCI products or services. This includes personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, address, and telephone number,
- Details of your transaction history such as credit or debit card type, expiration date, certain digits of your card number; and carrier account information.
- When invoiced, MO SCI provides your personal data to payment processors to enable them to send invoices.
- Your IP address is used to audit the use of our website. We do not link a user’s IP address to a person’s personal information, which means we will have a record of each user’s session, but the user remains anonymous to us.
- Information is collected about your hardware and software, including, but not limited to the type of browser and operating system used. There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the MO SCI website.
- We monitor the pages IP addresses of computers that accessed our site along with the last page that was visited before coming to our site.
- We also keep track of the search engine used, if any, to find our site along with keywords.
- Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through MO SCI public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
MO SCI encourages you to review the privacy statements on the websites you link to from MO SCI so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. MO SCI is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on these websites.
When accessing our website, we will use your personal data:
- When you have consented, such as by “opting in,” signing up for a newsletter, or requesting to receive information and updates from MO SCI.
- Where we need to perform a contract entered into with you or the entity with whom you are employed or associated or potentially could enter into in the future. Providing your personal details via our website can be the first step in establishing a contractual business relationship between you or your company or other entity and MO SCI.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests. MO SCI considers and balances the potential impact on you or your company or other entity (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your information for our legitimate interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation in response to lawful requests by public authorities or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
If you have consented to the use of your information, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us or updating your contact preferences. If you withdraw your consent or update your contact preferences MO SCI may not be able to provide you with information regarding certain products and services.
PERSONAL INFORMATION USE
MO SCI collects and uses your personal information to operate the MO SCI website and deliver the services requested. The information will be used to process your payment and fraud prevention and detection. MO SCI may use personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from MO SCI. MO SCI may communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners for marketing or to conduct customer satisfaction surveysabout your opinion of products, current services or of potential new services.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
MO SCI does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties. MO SCI may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party without consent.
We are committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. Various policies have been implemented including pseudonymization, encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorized access of personal data in our systems.
MO SCI secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. MO SCI keeps track of the pages our customers visit within MO SCI website, to determine what MO SCI services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within MO SCI website to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
MO SCI will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on MO SCI or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of MO SCI; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of MO SCI, or the public.
DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
We keep your personal data as long as necessary to provide you with the product, service and for legitimate business purposes, such as making data-driven business decisions, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved,
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
Our site may contain links to other sites. MO SCI is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. If you click on a third-party advertisement or link, please understand that you are leaving the MO SCI website and personal data you provide will not be covered by this Policy. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal data.
MO SCI may also be required to disclose data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. MO SCI’s accountability for personal data that it receives under the Data Privacy Framework Program (DPF) and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Data Privacy Framework Principles. MO SCI remains responsible and liable under the DPF Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the principles, unless MO SCI proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
MO SCI may update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. MO SCI encourages you to periodically review this statement to be informed of how MO SCI is protecting your information. Unless stated otherwise when we introduce these new or additional services, they will be subject to this Policy.
DATA PRIVACY FRAMEWORK COMPLIANCE
In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF, MO SCI commits to resolve DPF Principles-related complaints about our collection and use of your personal information. EU individuals and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our handling of personal data received in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF should first contact MO SCI at email@example.com.
In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF, MO SCI commits to refer unresolved complaints concerning our handling of personal data received in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF to Privacy Trust DPF Services, an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your DPF Principles-related complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your DPF Principles-related complaint to your satisfaction, please visit https://privacytrust.com/services/data-privacy-framework/dispute-resolution/ for more information or to file a complaint. The services of Privacy Trust DPF Services are provided at no cost to you.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before an EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework Panel.
The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over MO SCI’s compliance with the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DPF) and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (Swiss-U.S. DPF).
TERMS OF SERVICE
By accessing or using this website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to comply with these terms and applicable laws and regulations, including export and re-export control laws and regulations. Unless otherwise specified, this site and content in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, or used for the creation of derivative works without MO SCI’s prior written permission. Reasonable efforts are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and related materials provided by MO SCI on this website, but MO SCI makes no representation or warranty regarding the completeness, accuracy, currency, adequacy, suitability, functionality, availability, or operation of this website or the information or materials it contains. Information and related materials are provided ‘as is’ and are subject to change without notice. In no event will MO SCI be liable for damages of any kind, including, without limitation, any special, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages, even if MO SCI has been advised of the possibility of such damages. By using this website, you assume the risk that the information and materials on this website may be incomplete, inaccurate, or outdated or may not meet your needs and requirements. You should confirm posted information before deciding related to services, products, or other matters described in this site.